Our luxury air conditioned coach is, put politely, less than luxury and naturally air conditioned by the broken window. The only thing to make it worse would be Roger having a dodgy stomach this morning. Oh but he does. Taking bets on how long the journey will actually take … that is assuming we arrive.
“Lazy Beach” Bungalows is an incredible place off southern Cambodia. There are 19 spacious, rustic bungalows on a private beach with incredible staff and other worldly food. We first were to stay 2, then 4, then 10, and finally 11 nights of sheer bliss and total lazy relaxation.
- 11 nights in our bungalow
- 10 dogs guarding the lighthouse, including 7 imposing puppies
- 9 mango lassis
- 8 servings of heavenly Amok curry
- 7 nights to perfect sleeping strategy of all windows open, door open, remove mosquito netting, light mosquito coil, check bathroom and under bed for large critters, and bathe in bug spray
- 6 shots of absinthe one night
- 5 bottles of bug spray
- 4 four-hour hikes through the jungle
- 3 extra large spiders killed in nocturnal skirmishes
- 2 staff that Roger told he would take their jobs in order to live here forever
- 1 four-foot iguana sauntering along
- More friendly, colorful, 12in long “geckos” than can be counted